Q-Mark fire door installation scheme
Flynn Construction recognises the legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. This places an emphasis on ensuring they are properly installed to avoid their fire resistance capabilities being seriously compromised.
We have trained our install team to the Q-Mark fire door installation standard to reassure ourselves, our clients and end users that the doors have been installed correctly and that they will perform as intended.
The scheme raises aims to:
- Raise the on-going standard of installation of fire doors
- Ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- Ensure the product’s service life is maximised through correct installation
- Provide peace of mind that the installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
- Provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.
More information can be found at: